Monday, June 4, 2012

With all the love of a very tall Elder,

Hello Mother and Father! Will you please tell Grandma and Grampa Perry I was so happy to hear about their week, but I can't write them back unfortunately. Just you and my sisters. I'm so excited to hear about the beans and everything though! Honestly! haha. I want to help out in the garden when I get back. I miss that. And I miss the card games too! But we'll have fun after I've served my heart out to the fullest :)
 
They talked about making a family picture book of adventures, but I don't have any pictures so I can't make one! But tell them I think it's a great idea! I would love that if someone got bored and wanted to make it for me :P
 
Replying section:
 I wrote some of the phrases down and I'm going to try to be more polite now! Thank you! I too am trying to come to love everyone and it's pretty hard when you don't understand them, but I'm trying! I can't believe camp is here. I"ve said it a hundred times, but it's just crazy sauce. I hope you have a great time! Thank you for the Isaiah scripture as well! Thats a really great scripture. I tried to ask someone about the year of the dragon thing but I had no idea how to use the words and stuff...so I tried! haha. It was fun.
 
I can't believe that everyone is all gradiated and such now! That's so weird to think about! Congratulate the Hansens for getting into BYU and tell them it's going to be a blast! (And yes I got their cookies and they were yokatta (great :)) Cookies are a beautiful thing. We're going to try to make no bakes soon so i'm way excited!
 
I'm glad the veterans day thing went well! I really enjoyed that every year.
 
Questions Section:
I did get the cookies! I loved them! So did all the other Elders :P haha.
Mother...I can't tell you how much I love you. When I saw that peanut butter in the package I've never smiled so big in my life. It was like heaven sitting in a bag for me to stare at. I'm so excited to eat it because we just finished off our jar! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get any other packes though. Just the peanut butter with the news article.
 
My week:
 Awkward moment: So first of all, this morning there were only two eggs and I wanted them both, so I went into the other room with a serious face and said...Minasan...Tamago ga hoshii... which means...Everyone...I want Eggs... haha. I meant to ask if they wanted the eggs but I just awkwardly told them all seriously that I wanted eggs and they just looked at me really funny haha. Awkward!
Wonderful Moment: I did splits with an older missionary and we did a lesson trying to bring each other closer to Christ and both of us ended up having a super spiritual experience. He's actually sitting next to me right now (Hueffner Choro--crazy red hair :P). I also did the same thing with my companion the day after and the same experience happened. The Spirit really guides us when we ask for it. Christs atonement is the center of everything. When all the comforts of the world are taken away, you find that your foundation really is Christs atonement, and that's why you can carry on through anything. It was an amazing thing :)
Investigators: We have an investigator right now that we're hoping will receive baptism. he doesn't understand a lot right now but he's keeping his commitments and I know that He will feel the power of God as we teach him.
 
Well...that's all I can think of right now. If you can think of any easy snack recipes that I can make I'd love that! I love you all so very much and I hope you are well!
 
With all the love of a very tall Elder,
 
Elder Sotto :)

No comments: