Tuesday, August 28, 2012

So here`s a list of some miracles this week

Dear family,
 
Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This past week was very good :) Things are all going well and life is good and I`m so happy to be a missionary! Its amazing how different times in your life can be easier or harder when nothing really changes too much.
Well, tommorow we get our transfer call. I expect to stay here, but you never know! It`s an exciting time :) We go out to eat every tuesday after District Training Meeting (DTM) at a place called Lucky Pieros and get our Tenkin calls. You would love it there! They have pictures and movie posters of all these old movies and pictures of elvis and other classic actors and singers. It feels so much like an old american burger place. Very fun :)
I`ve never been to a pig roast! It sounds way fun! I`m glad everyone enjoyed :)
 
I`m actaully going to go up the ropeway for Hakodate Yama tonight with our district (4 elders, 2 nihonjin sisters) and the ward SA`s (young single adults, just single adults here because sometimes they`re not young :P haha). We get to see the night view and President gave us permission to stay out a little later because its one of the Elders possible last days in Hakodate and he leaves home after next transfer, so I`m way excited!!!! I`ll let you know how it goes!
Thanks for the picture by the way! Natsukashii! Everyone looks great, except Dan...he needs a hair cut :P I hope they`re all doing well. I keep telling my companion that`s my kitchen back there and he doesnt seem to care :P
 
The singing performance went great! We have a proffesional guitarist that just got baptized and he was awesome. Him and Endsley Choro made a couple songs each and played them. I got to sing a blues song and it was hilarious. I finished the song the day of, so I didn`t memorize it and we ended up just winging a couple parts. So there were some really funny parts but it was way fun! and it sounded good :) One of the ward members kept telling me over and over again how good it was haha. Then the sister missionaries asked us for our signatures on their programs. Way...way fun ;) haha. I`ll talk to Evans Shimai about getting it posted on facebook or something. It probably won`t be for a while, but I`ll see what I can do!
 
So here`s a list of some miracles this week (I started writing them down because there are so many and I never remember them!).
 
1--We went to visit an old investigator and he had moved but the man there invited us in and gave us ice cream and frozen soda stuff (super delicious!) and he was wonderful. His goal in life is to leave a good effect on everyone becasue he feels that when we die we become nothing (normal Japanese belief) but our eikyo (influence) still lives on.
2--One of our elders was getting very sick (bad throat problem) and he was the main performer in the performance we were doing and he got a blessing of healing, and the feeling was amazing. Whenever I`m able to take part in a blessing I feel this overwhelming humility, but there is also an indescribable power. What a wonderful gift from God.
3--We were talking to a gardner we met for the second time and there was a possibility it was going to rain, so I prayed that it would rain and we could go inside his house and teach him or something, and it started raining! I guess I`m not really surprised, but I can testify that God hears and answers our prayers. So don`t forget to pray! (also when we got to this mans house he started telling us how religion and planting things isn`t really different. If you plant a seed and nurture it, it will grow and eventually it becomes a tree that produces fruit...Alma 32 anyone? It was amazing! So yappari (as expected) we talked to him about Alma 32 that day ;P).
4--The concert was fantastic (the healing blessing showed that it had worked because the elder had never sang better) and one of the Shimai`s investigators that came is getting baptized on saturday! yay! She`s 13 and awesome. She comes to our Eikaiwa.
5--Immediately after our concert we talked to a really nice man and got his number so we`re going to try to meet with him soon!
6--I just said Hello to a man living directly across from the church and at first he didn`t want to talk, but as I kept talkinga bout the weather and stuff he came over and started talking. Not really much interest, but still talked with us about what we`re doing and what not. It was great!
7--I downed 3 cobs of corn extremely fast because an investigator gave us a ton of cooked corn on the cob after our lesson. Another elder did it with me and I destroyed him by a whole cob. I was way faster ;) You should be very proud of your son haha.
 
And that was my week! What a great week :) Every once and while I`ll just stop and look around me and think...`what a beautiful life`...thank you so much for your support and I love you so much!
 
Random thought time.
I`ve been having a lot of dreams lately about old friends from home. Like 4 or 5 for the past couple nights. It doesn`t affect me really, but it`sjust interesting that the same people have been in my dreams lately. Any thoughts on dreams mom or dad? Its mostly about people that I feel like I haven`t resolved small problems with and such.
 
Alright, well I better be off. Thanks for all the news! I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care! And don`t forget to read the scriptures every day and pray a lot a lot!
 
Bye Bye!
 
 

No comments: