Friday, April 13, 2012

Mom dad! I have so much to say! This week was crazy!
 
First, I'm so excited to hear about all the mission calls! The work is really going forward and it's sooooooooooo exciting! I have no idea where Elder Millington is going :P but I would love to know!
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the choir during conference :P It was so much fun :)
 
I kind of understand what you mean by the saved by grace scripture. 2nd Nephi 25:23 right? It can be a little intimidating, but there are so many other scriptures that say many are called and the Lord strengtehns them to do whatever he needs. I'm feeling that but it's hard to keep in my mind sometimes. I can get frustrated when our lessons don't go as well as possible but I know that the Lord will guide me. Sometimes that's all that I'm holding on to, but it's a great promise. Thank  you for talkinga bout it though. I needed to hear that. I need to go to the Lord more often and stop trying to do everything myself.
 
OK!!!!!!! now for the week, get ready!
 
Satruday's TRC went awesome. I definetly felt the promitings of the spirit while I was teaching and it turned out great!
Sunday was amazing! For sacrament meeting we had Elder Packer (of the Seventy) and President Packer speak to us. It was amazing! They are awesome! David F. Evans also was there (he spoke in conference). But what comes next is the best part of my whole MTC stay I think (there have been a lot of good things).
The BYU Men's Chorus came for the sunday night devotional and sang for us! They had a lot of great spiritual songs (some that I sang last semester) and funny ones too. They sang la cucaracha and put fake mustaches on in the middle of the song! it was probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Man it made me miss being in choir, and if that's not enough, they invited all of the Men's chorus people who were missionaries to come up for the last song and sing during a video presentation so I got to go up to my normal spot and sing with everyone once again. We sang "Who is He in Yonder Stall" (and I guess they do that at they end of every MTC visit). Anyways, I didn't remember it until right when they began to sing it and it all flooded back to memory. It was so amazing :) I wanted to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw so many of my old friends from BYU and it was great to see how they are doing. I haven't been so excited and Happy in forever. It was amazing.
Also for sunday I became the district leader. Crazy sauce!
So monday we signed up to host.
Tuesday Bishop McMullin (Presiding Bishop of church) spoke to us and really addressed my needs.
Tuesday was also quite exciting like sunday but for different reasons. So a bear came on the MTC campus and they were trying to catch it and couldn't, but I figured "I'm a missionary of the Lord! I can catch it!" So I went and wrestled it to the ground and got a black eye and 5 stictches out of it, but I held the bear down until they could take it away with a squat team...:P So fake story but the stitches are real! I was actually playing basketball and got mad at a guy so I attacked his elbow with my eye :P Don't ask what happened to his elbow ;) I'm fine though! Don't worry! I get my stictches out monday and everything will be fine :)
Wednesday: Because I  hurt my eye they banned me from sports in gym because they don't want me to rip my stitches open, so I did yoga and it was really hard but really refreshing.
Thursday! WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS FOR JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I leave early in the morning to go to the airport on the 23rd monday, but i don't leave until like 10:25. We'll stop in LA with a short 1 and 1/2 half hour lay over, but they told us we can call our family at the airport! So keep your phone ready on monday and I may call between 8-10 or like 12-3...mabye. we don't have much time but I may just call you to say I love you and just see how everything is. So be expecting something! I am in a group with one other elder and a nihonjin sister (we're a tripanionship for the trip there, kind of interesting) but I'm way excited!
And today I went to the temple and it was really refreshing and renewing beyond belief. I needed the temple.
 
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready to go to Japan! Nihon ni ikitai, Nihon ni ikitai, Okii hikoki de nihon ni ikitai! (sing to the tune of "The farmer in the del"). We leave in 10 days!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, also I saw elder Rigby yesterday and he looked good! He has a tall companion haha.
 
Tonikaku, I need to be heading off now. Jikan ga nai. gomennasai! choto Nihongo de
 
konshu choto muzukashii deshita ne. yori yoi senkyoshi ni naritai desu keredomo toki doki muzukashii desu ne. Kamasama ga watashi ni chikara o kudasaru to shinjitte imasu. Watashi no tame ni Advice ga arimasu ka. advice ga areba totemo kikitai desu. demo Shu o hooshi shimasu. Kamisama wa Seirei to Watashi o Michibiku to shitte imasu. Iesu Kirisuto no mina ni yotte o akashi shimasu. Amen.
 
Kazoku wa Ai shite imasu! Ganbarimasho!!!!!!!!
 
Mate ne
 
Anata no Musuko, Sotto Choro yori 

No comments: