Monday, September 17, 2012

It was like a chain reaction!


Hello Family! I love hearing everything from you! I'm so happy for Tyler he got his  mission call! thanks for all your advice and help!
 
So, I lot is going on today so I"m going to tell one story that made my day.
 
First of all I'm actually at the Honbu in Sapporo right now because we had a music fireside on saturday night and so I'm emailing from the Honbu! Today I actually am doing a zone activity with everywhere! We're going to a baseball game at the Sapporo Dome! It's crazy! I'm so excited!
 
Anyways, story time.
On the train ride from Hakodate to Sapporo a lot of people boarded the train and I felt like I shold give up my seat for a sister standing next to me. So I gave it up and talked to them for a little and then a nice older lady came up behind me and insisted that I take her seat and so I did. Then another man across from me got up and gave his seat to another sister standing in the aisle. It was like a chain reaction! But then more happened. A bunch of people got off at a stop and that same lady who gave me her seat came and sat down next to me because the seat opened. She was so nice! We talked for the rest of the train ride (like 40 minutes) and she was telling me how sweet I was and how she wants to do things like that but nothing happens when obaachans (grandma's) do it but when young people do it the ice is broken and everyone starts to change little by little. She was so nice! andtaught me the word omoiyari! (which means like people showing consideration for other people). We talked a lot about her family and stuff after and what true happiness was and I had ample opportunity to testify about our message. She kept telling me she didn't beleive it but she was so impressed with how I acted and such haha. It was a reallly special experience that made my day :) We connected really well and I felt the spirit and got to explain it to her. It was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Well there's a line behind me right now so I better get off. I love you all soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care! Until next monday!
 
Bye Bye!

No comments: