Monday, October 8, 2012

He Lives. That is enough to turn a life in the pursuit of Him

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That`s sooooooooooo coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I heard about the missionary age limit thing I just thought of all my friends who are probably preparing now to go on missions...wow. The work is really moving forward :) It`s almost unreal. Tell Megan Hopkins I`m excited for her and this is the best work in the world! 

I loved your comment on continuing throughout our lives to serve God like the Apostles. This isn`t just a 2 year thing. It is our life that was so graciously given to us by a Loving Father in Heaven and Saved by His Only Begotten Son.

Tell them I love them all so much when you get the chance! And I want to come visit them when I get back! We`ll go have another warm day at the beach! And even if its cold I`m sure I`ll still swim :) 
I understand the humidity thing grandma was talking about. It`s a little annoying during the summer here though. You come home and you`re just sticky. Kinda gross, but shoganai (can`t be helped). It`s not so much now that we`re in fall and it got a lot more suzushii (cold) here lately. It happened fast.
I`m praying for everyone there! Tell them I love them all and God is watching out for them!

Our lives were very different father dearest haha. It`s so interesting to imagine you as a teenager. My life has been so different and I`ve been blessed with more things that I could ever ask for and more. A strong testimony being one of the biggest blessings that came from other blessings. It`s so easy to see how the Lord has guided my life, and especially how he is guiding it now. 
This week was probably the most fantastic week of my mission. The past two transfers have been very slow, hard work with little results. Not too many people to teach, but that`s been building up slowly, and this week we found a ton of people who will listen to the message. One lady particularly who we met with yesterday and made a baptismal date with. We knocked on her door and usually she wouldn`t talk to people like us but she just felt like she should and she`s at a hard time in life. We taught her about the Spirit and Joseph Smith and all of lesson 1, and she has so many experiences that she openly shared with us of times she thought God must be there and when she might have felt the Spirit and how the Gift of the Holy Ghost could have helped her at different times in her life. She understood so mluch and wanted to learn so much. She told us that she knows we were guided to her and she understands we are the Lord`s servants and want to help her strengthen her relationship with God. She really is so prepared and we`ve been so blessed. We were also able to make a baptismal date with another older investigator that seemed very unlikely. It`s so amazing how the Lord has guided us this week to the people He`s been preparing. I realize that nothing is done by my power more and more everyday. I truly feel like a tool in the Lord`s hand. 
Another funny part of yesterday, the lady has a 7 year old daughter that is the most hyper kid I`ve ever met. She was climbing all over us the whole entire lesson haha. Very natsukashii (nostalgic) nephew & nieces. 

I`m so excited to see conference!!!!! We get to see it this weekend on video in english at our church! But tenkins (transfer calls are tomorrow, so I may be somewhere else). Either way I`ll be at a church watching it this weekend. The feelings you felt dad is the Spirit of hope that gives us a glimpse of that happiness that awaits us beyond this frail mortal existence. I`m sure you understand that much more than I do, but I know exactly the feeling you described. Thank you for always being a worthy and righteous father that is able to receive promptings such as that. I would and have gladly follow(ed) anywhere you decided to go with our family because I know that you follow the Lord, and He will never lead us astray. Thanks dad :) 

Tell Grandpa Hello and how much I love him and thank him for the sacrifice he made and is still making everyday for me! I did know about the donation, The sacrifice on my behalf from everyone is such a humbling thing. I see that here when the ward members do amazingly loving things for us. I can only think to myself how blessed they will be for their desire to help the Lord`s servants...19-25 year old servants. How blessed we are to be in this day and age where we can participate in this, the Greatest Work of all time. This is God`s work. He Lives and Loves us and my faith is strengthened everyday. I know he will always...ALWAYS, answer our prayers. I`m seeing that everyday. I don`t know what else to say other than He Lives. That is enough to turn a life in the pursuit of Him. I love being a missionary so much dad :) The hard times come, but I`ve never felt so happy and empowered. I know I`m where I`m supposed to be :) Thank you mom and dad! I love you sooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to you next week!

Bye Bye!

No comments: