Wednesday, October 9, 2013

He asks me to teach him songs for different weather times. So I taught him "Rain Drops keep falling on my head" :)

Winter has...started kana? (maybe)? It's been pretty cold for the past month or so and it keeps getting colder. We've gone to long sleeve shirts and suits and I bought thin gloves at the store today.

It rains quite a bit here but lately it's just getting colder.

My companion is a Japanese Elder from Nagoya! We've been together for two transfers as ZLs. He is such a good companion! I love him :) He asks me to teach him songs for different weather times. So I taught him "Rain Drops keep falling on my head" :)

He really helps me to widen my vision and see things from different perspectives. He helps me to remember to be humble :) I run into things 100% without thinking very hard sometimes and he is a very deep thinker. We balance each other out well :)

This weeks personal study has been focused on more deeply understanding the Fall of Adam and Eve and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It's been awesome! I spent the past 3 days studying 2 Nephi 2:11-13 and I really understand it for the first time! It is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!! It's pretty deep too. I wrote like 10 pages of my thoughts on those 3 verses =P And I will definitely use my time a little more wisely for my study next week :P

Favorite meal was definitely...Katsudon :) I loooooooove katsudon. It's rice with onions and tonkatsu meat and egg on top. It's unbelievable. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I get back to America. If they don't have katsudon somewhere I might die! :P

Favorite meeting...so we have this fun little old lady investigator that is really funny. We compliment her and she shuts us down so fast haha. "that's a really nice vase you have" "There's nothing nice about this vase! what are you two boys talking about..." :P haha. She is definitely the funnest person to meet with. She is praying and reading the Book of Mormon and progressing really well.

We listen to conference this coming weekend and we have a less active member and an investigator coming! I'll keep my ears opened for president Uctdorf's talk!

I love being a Zone Leader here and I love being a missionary! It's so fun being out here and it's quite the learning experience.

Thank you for asking me questions! It helps me remember the week!

Thanks for all the news as well :) I'm in the Honbu right now emailing and we don't have a ton of time here so I honestly am not really reading the articles dear father. I love reading your stories and experiences and things you learn though :)

Mata raishu! (Talk to you next week!)

I love you!

Elder Sotto

No comments: