Monday, November 25, 2013

God is our loving Heavenly Father in my own language!

200 new members! That's so cool! I'm so excited to meet everyone! I know the Halls and the Lindseys and of course the Bassets. How fun! Tell everyone hello for me and let them know that I'm truly loving my mission!
Wish Collette good luck for me!
I did get the Halloween package and I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving one! Thank you so much for keeping in touch with me and taking the time to send me things. I'll try my best to get a Christmas package sent home! I'm really bad at sending things, but I'll do my best!
Thanks for the Japanese article dad! I am very happy to inform you that I knew exactly how to use the things it was talking about! I feel so fond of this language now. I want to master it!
So for my week, it was crazy! So many miracles!
We don't have any really strong investigators right now, but we've found a lot of cool people this week who have a lot of potential to become new investigators. Our schedule is packed next week!
So for the Miracles:
We had an appointment with an investigator and he spoked us (didn't show up) and we don't have his number or address so there wasn't much hope of meeting him again. But we decided to show some faith and pray to meet him again and planned to go back to the place where we found him on the street in a week. So we went back on that day to look for him and he was there! Just standing there! It was awesome! God really does answer prayers!
Another one, we met a guy a couple weeks ago who was a little busy and couldn't meet, but we traded numbers with him and gave him a pamphlet about Joseph Smith and he called us up 2 days ago and said that he was really impressed with Joseph Smith's story and he wants to try out being a Mormon Christian :P We're meeting him again this wednesday :)
We also met an American up the side of the mountain in the middle of nature and he was so much fun to talk to! He has some problems with religion but he said he would listen to our message when he has time :) It felt so good to bear testimony that God is our loving Heavenly Father in my own language!
Now for the Awkward Moments:
We went to an Eikaiwa (English Conversation Class) student's house and when she answered on the interphone she said "Elder Sotto! Are you Genki (doing well)? I'm naked!..." She was very excited to tell us in English she had just gotten out of the bath.
I thought that might give you a laugh dad :P Japanese people really want to practice their English.
Ok, well that's about all for this week I think. I think if you were to send anything for Christmas I would love to eat Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. I miss it so much!!! That's all that I can think of :) If you want anything from here let me know!
Alright! That's all for this week! Love you so much! Talk to you later!
Bye Bye!!!

No comments: